Spring Training is upon us!

Posted by Nick on 10:22 AM




Spring training is upon us at last. The season is almost here. I can just feel it now.

Onto some actual news from the Dunedin...

1. Overbay has had not one, not two, but THREE surgeries for hernias. Why are we just hearing about this now?! As long as he can return to near 2006 form, I'll be happy. But still. He had the surgeries in January, and the news is JUST breaking now? Why was this kept so quiet by the Jays front office.

2. Travis Snider is currently Cito's starting LF. This excites me in places which I shouldn't discuss here, but scares me too.... Snider should NOT be rushed. I would prefer to have him start the year in Las Vegas, play there for a month, then come up and send HR's over the fence. In an ideal world this would be the case, but I don't think an ideal world includes Kevin Millar getting any real AB's either.

3. Snider is a tank.

4. Baseball happening again is incredibly refreshing, it feels like my life is complete once again.

More to come later as I get into this blogging thing. Check me out on the twitter too...

1 comments:

Comment by Ian Hunter on February 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I feel comfortable with Snider starting at LF. I guess that defaults Lind to DH then. And what's up with all the Lyle Overbay injuries? Not a good way to start spring training!
- Ian

 

Post a Comment